Friday, March 20, 2009

Quick update

Well, my life has been a little turned around lately after just getting back from our honeymoon, putting together our second reception, and now we have more exciting news, our first baby is no the way! So I may continue to take some time between updates, but I'll still be here.

There have been a lot of changes since my last post in my current gear, new patches, and lots of guild runs.

I'll give you a little guild history pre-WOLK. I joined the guild Sinner's Paradise on Ursin just after patch 3.1 came out. I had been applying to some of the top guilds on our server to try and squeeze in a peek at raiding content before WOLK came out. I had applied to many of the top guilds, and for very good reason I was rejected from these guilds due to my gear. I kept on crawling down the guild rankings until I found some guilds that had cleared Kara and started on Black Temple and SSC. I sent in-game mails to guild masters of these guilds asking to join and before long I had an invite to Sinner's Paradise. The first week was good, we cleared Kara, and I started to pick up a few more epics. I had PUGed Kara a few times at this point and had some gear, but I was still in some greens, mostly blues, and a handful of purples. (I had finished off my Frozen Shadoweave Set at this point). Week 2 the guild just fell apart. I logged on at the raid time on the schedule on the web site, and there were only a handful of people on. The tank that had led us through Kara the week before had left the guild, and from this point on the guild didn't do any more runs of Kara. I gave up at this point on my chances of doing a guild run through any of the 25-man raids and just tried to find PUGs where I could. I did get into a Black Temple PUG, that downed Illidan, but never got to do SSC, or Sunwell. Then the patch hit, and there were 10 new levels to gain, new abilities to train, new instances to run, and I had a blast leveling, which brings me back to raiding. I asked for several weeks around our guild about raiding, and there was really no momentum to do anything. Lots of people were leveling mains or alts, but we obviously didn't have the numbers to do a 10-man. So I PUG'ed some raids for a while, and after a few weeks our guild had a new announcement, OS on saturday 2pm server time. I was happy to see we were finally going to do a guild raid. Our Saturday run went pretty well, and we pulled in a few friends from other places to fill out our raid, and we downed Sartharion. We have progressed a little further now and are ready to take on Sartharion +1 drake at this point. We have cleared all four wings of Naxx-10 at different points, but not taken down Sapphiron or Kel'Thuzad on a guild run yet. We have begun recruiting and are approaching doing 25-man guild raids.

No comments: